Copyright/attribution: ©Bristol Museums, Galleries and Archives

Bristol Bicycle & Motor Club. Estd 1876 (sign)

Engraved marble plaque for the Bristol Bicycle & Motor Club, founded 1876. No known history - the plaque was found in the cellars at the Red Lodge in 2000 and is believed to have been there in excess of 30 years. The Club started as Bristol Bicycle Club 1876, later Bristol Bicycle & Tricycle Club (by 1897), later Bristol Bicycle & Motor Club (by 1907), with meetings at the Full Moon in Stokes Croft

More like this...

More from Bristol Museums